1Objectives of Yongin Site
Electricity Sales Business
- Solar Energy Generation,
- Solar Energy + ESS Integrated Energy Generation
On-site Electricity Supply
- ESS Charging & Discharging,
Solar Energy Generation
Electric Vehicle Charging
- Solar Energy + ESS Charging
- Fast/Normal Charger 2 Units
*ESS : Energy Storage System
2Overview of Yongin Site
Distributed energy system for microgrid at Yongin Factory is composed of seven independent subsystems
Among 639kW solar installation, 348kW is for electricity sales, 279kW is for on-site consumption, and the rest is for streetlights and electric vehicles.
Among 1.120MWh ESS installation, 500kWh is for PV-integrated ESS, another 500kWh is for load control, 100kWh is for electric vehicles, and 19kWh is for local lighting and others.
Distributed Power System
Distributed Power System Structure
Solar Energy for Upper Revetment + Product Warehouse + Parking Lot
- 1. Solar energy generation (230.04kW)
- 2. ESS 500kWh
- 3. Electricity sales/REC weighted value 5
Solar Energy for Factory Building + Material Warehouse
- 1. Solar energy generation (348.16kW)
- 2. For electricity sales
- 3. REC weighted value 1.5
Solar Energy for Container ESS
- 1. ESS (500kWh)
- 2. For load shifts
- 3. Peak cut (to control maximum power consumption)
Solar Energy for Green Areas
- 1. Solar energy generation (48.8kW)
- 2. For on-site power consumption
- 3. Government subsidy (KRW 53 million)
Solar Energy for Canopy
- 1. Solar energy generation (4.5kW)
- 2. ESS (19kWh)
- 3. Lobby lighting load (1.7kW)
Solar Energy for Green Areas
- 1. Solar energy generation + ESS
- 2. For electric vehicle charging
- 3. Fast + Normal(PV 6.4kW) charger 2 sets
Solar Energy for Outdoor Security Lights
- 1. Solar energy generation + electricity from KEMCO + ESS
- 2. Power for outdoor security lights
- 3. Installed in 6 locations
Structure & Analysis
e-Prosumer System of Yongin Factory consists of two parts – electricity sales business and on-site power supply system.
Electricity Sales Business (producer) : The factory generates renewable energy from solar system (348kW, REC 1.5) and PV-ESS integrated system (PV 230kW, ESS 500kWh).
On-site Power Supply System (consumer) : For self-consumption, the factory has been installed with solar system (49kW), PV-ESS integrated system (500kWh), ESS (500kWh) for peak cut and load shifts, PV-ESS integrated system (100kWh) to charge electric vehicles, and PV-ESS integrated system (19kWh) for local lighting and streetlights.
Electricity Sales Business (Producer)
In-house Power Consumption (Consumer)
4Beneficial Outcomes of
1. ZERO Electricity Cost
The electricity cost of Yongin Factory is ZERO+.
2. ZERO Carbon Emissions
Yongin Factory has realized ‘Carbon Neutral Factory’.
Carbon emissions by generation of grid electricity : 382.2 ton/year
Carbon Savings by solar energy generation : 366.3 ton/year
Carbon emissions from Yongin Site : 15.8 ton/year
* Carbon emissions per kWh are 428g, according to Korea Power Exchange.
According to DOE microgrid workshop, ICT, system design and integrated technology occupy 20% or more of the total cost.
Establishment of renewable energy platform and Orange Alliance that will lead the future of the e-Prosumer electricity supply business